So let’s discuss some of the characters. Don’t read this if you haven’t watched all of season 3. Spoilers ahead. I’m sorry, but I need to start talking about this. First of all, this show now has way too many characters, so I’ll start to discuss those I feel they can leave in the background for season 4:
– Soso (Brook): I thought this girl was suppose to stay for a short while. It’s not that I don’t like her character, it’s just that I want to see more of the “main” characters.
– Leanne and Angie: Background girls from the laundry. Do we really need to hear their story? I know I don’t. Someone need to be in the background.
– Norma: This is a good actor. But it was just way too much Norma in this season. I started to play Candy Crush during OITNB. I never ever thought that would happen! I’m usually so focused on the TV – scared to miss something..
– Bennett: I did not need his background story. We’ve heard it before. Booooring…. And all of a sudden he vanished from the show? What was that about? I at least expected him to show up for the birth of his child. Did he get a better movie offer half way through??
– Way too many stories about the guards….
– …. and about the new owners of the prison…
And now to the ones that I love, and want to see more of:
– Piper: She’s turned psycho in this season. We’ve seen her change over the last couple of seasons – but she’s gone crazy now. She got Alex back in prison, so that made me happy. But I don’t think I like this version of Piper. Her sex scenes with Alex are still hot. I’ll be disappointed if they don’t end up together… Some people just belong together. At least I like to think so. I expected that she would keep her main role, but it seems like her story is told… She’s a good actress, and she has a good story – why not spend more time on it?? I want more moments like the drama class scene… They have such good chemistry!
– Alex: I’m glad she’s back in all episodes. OITNB is not the same without her. All this lady needs to do is talk – and I’m lost. She’s so sexy.. I have bedbugs to thank for some sweet scenes. And who knew that she would look that good in a trash bag?! I was a bit worried in the start of the season, since there was a lot of crying. That’s a new side of her. But I still heart her – and I see why I’m not alone…. How will she handle that last episode? I need her in season 4. They wouldn’t continue without her, and disappoint all the lesbians. Would they? Maybe Piper can save her – I didn’t see her at the lake. But again she was too busy being a psycho.
– Pennsatucky: I never thought I would say this, but I’m starting to like her. It was nice to finally get her background story. Her role has become bigger, and I’m quite happy with that. I also like how she and Big Boo connect in this season.
– Red: We get to see a new Red in this season. This woman is fantastic. And I like her new story with Healy. I’m still not sure where that’s going to go – but I can’t wait to see.
– Nicky: One of the best characters. We need Nicky. So why do they send her away after only a few episodes? I expected her to come back. Morello and Red missed her for about one episode – and than everyone seem to forget all about her. Will she be back? Do you come back from MAX? This was another weird thing. She probably had other projects going on. But still.
– Crazy Eyes: We get to see plenty of Crazy Eyes this time. Amazing actress, and I’m glad they decided to keep her in the show. And she seems to find love. With another weirdo. I can see some sweet and funny stories happening in season 4.
– Poussey: Her girlfriend in real life is one of the writers. You can tell. She has a bigger part, haha. But it’s well deserved. I’m a big fan of her character in the show. I keep wanting to hug her.
– Morello: Love, love, love. She needs Nicky more than me. So why go and get married…?
And I need to mention Stella. My girlfriend has a crush on Ruby Rose. She showed me some pictures before the season started, and I agree that she’s beautiful. I was a bit surprised that she wasn’t as tough as her tattoos suggested. I was thinking that Alex would get some competition before I saw her in the show. But I don’t think that will be the case. She seems so young. And unexperienced. I don’t know. She didn’t do it for me. But I’m curious if she’ll be back for the next season… I haven’t seen my girlfriend this excited for a while, haha.
I’m going to end it there. I’ve said it before. There are just way too many characters. I don’t need to follow every girl in the kitchen and every girl in the laundry and every guard.
I’m a simple girl. Give me more of Alex and Piper – and I’m happy.
I didn’t understand how they could place OITNB in the category “Comedy” after the second season. But this season was lighter, and it does make you laugh. Some of the comments in this show is priceless! The writers have done a great job. Except for the fact that they believe that they need to share screen time equally among all the actors.
So many cliffhangers this time.
The two busses in the end made me stressed. I pictured a 100 new background stories that I don’t need…